Jump to different month/year:
Learn the nitty-gritty of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program through a hands-on tour of the requirements of the program.
In this class we will cover the basics you need to know to qualify applicants and current residents within your community.
Gain a full understanding of:
- LIHTC compliance requirements as they relate to income, assets and student status
- How to calculate annual income
- Tenant income certification and recertification
- Gross rent
- File Organization
- Utility allowances
- Non-transient occupancy
- The next available unit rule
You will leave the class knowing how to ensure top-notch compliance. You will be ready to implement valuable, real-world takeaways in your everyday role as a property manager or owner.
Heather Staggs is a national trainer and expert in property management, compliance with low-income housing laws and regulations, allowing her to share her knowledge from both sides of the aisle. This is a direct result of her property management experience, working at the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development and also with the Colorado Housing and Finance Authority. Ms. Staggs has the tools and experience to provide clients with five-star regulatory compliance training, she knows exactly how to bring easy-to-understand and relevant training material to property owners, management agents, property managers and their staff. She understands exactly what the regulatory agencies require and just how to execute. Ms. Staggs’ vast experience includes:
• More than 23 years of multifamily housing and property management experience in addition to working with market rate communities she also has experience with programs such as Project Based Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, the FDIC Affordable Housing Program, and FHA and Non-FHA Loan products
• Former Manager of the Section 8 Compliance Department, and Multifamily Program Compliance Department, as well as being an Asset Management Officer with Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA)
• Former Project Manager with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Denver Office